ICEFIRE Webmaster Board  

Go Back   ICEFIRE Webmaster Board > CjOverkill Support Forum > CjOverkill General Discussion and Support

CjOverkill General Discussion and Support CjOverkill general discussion and support.

Old 15th November 2011, 02:50 PM

Default 5.0.2 better to update to 5.2.2 ?

actually i run 2 cjoverkill script, one 5.0.2 version one 5.0.3 version.

Will be better to upgrade to 5.2.2?

If yes, the only way is to upgrade to ALL version from 5.0.2 to 5.2.2 (will take a lot of time and "uploads" and i guess more upgrade i make more % of problem i will have)... plus in site i find only the last version, where i find the older version?

Best regards.
Old 15th November 2011, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to ICEFIRE

It's always better to have the latest version, in this case CjOverkill version 5.2.2

Specially this last version comes with improvements and compatibility enhancements to be able to run on php 5.3

To upgrade, just read the UPGRADE.txt file that comes with the latest CjOverkill version.

Version 5.x upgrades are easy because you need only to upload the new version files except the cj-conf.inc.php to your site and then login into your cjadmin. After that the upgrade wizard will upgrade your database to the latest version and you are done.
Make sure to backup your database before the upgrade, just in case.

The old versions can be found at http://www.cjoverkill.com/old/

In any case, you don't need them to upgrade. They are placed there in case someone company internal rules for upgrading applications and scripts require specific tests and they hae still not tested the current version.