PDA

View Full Version : Does Clicks Column Record Ins?

smutnut
5th April 2009, 11:19 PM
I've been around here before but re-signed up under this log in. Couldn't remember or recall my old one, or it was gone cause it's been a while.

I'm curious if CLICKS column in admin panel records incoming.

Reason I'm asking is that I can't get it to record any clicks on a couple domains I just installed OLD CJ's on. These are using wordpress as my main index page, but a shtml on a subdirectory for most of my outs.

I'm using proper code I believe.

I'm checking off my own domains where I use cj with shtml as index on tgp scripts and I'm sure it works fine with this but I'd like to pull wordpress to front.

Thanks

ICEFIRE
6th April 2009, 12:06 PM
I don't understand exactly your question. Please elaborate a bit more.

the out.php will register ins only if the surfers have not passed through an in.php powered page before. In that case, these ins will be registered into the unknown trade.

If you see no ins registered properly, then just take a look if your in.php include is ok.

smutnut
6th April 2009, 03:11 PM
On the sites I'm curious about.

Under Last 24 hours. I have recorded hits under "Raw" "Uniq" and "Out" but I have zeros under "Clicks" and "Prod" in trades section. I do read "Clicks" down below where it says bookmarks, external and unknown, but zeros under "Out" down there.

Presently I only have trades set with a few of my other domains.

I'm assuming my out.php is reading, but maybe not my in.php

I have my include("in.php"); on first line of index on a wordpress installation in root and cj is installed in root. My concern is I think I've always switched to shtml because of this prob, but can't do that with wordpress.

This is cj 4.1.1 by the way, am unable to set up 5 at this time on this host

smutnut
6th April 2009, 03:14 PM
Here's the blog by the way http://www.lateteen.net/

If you click where it says DAILY SUBMITTED TEEN SEX GALLERIES you'll go to here http://www.lateteen.net/tgp/ where most of my out links are at

The main page is wordpress php and the linked is shtml

Thanks again

ICEFIRE
6th April 2009, 04:28 PM
do you have added trades to that site?

If you have no trades, then the clicks will be counted only in the special trades (bookmarks, unknow, external)

smutnut
6th April 2009, 05:38 PM
do you have added trades to that site?

If you have no trades, then the clicks will be counted only in the special trades (bookmarks, unknow, external)

I have trades added with other sites of my own, two of which I am sure are working correctly with tgp generated shtml (can't remembered if I used shtml because of this prob with php before because script gives choice).

The other wordpress one is operating just like this one. And wordpress gives no choice but to use php. They are all on different hosting accounts, but with same host. Might try with wordpress on yet another host altogether and see how that works

Wondering if there's something can be done with php.ini or htacess or something if this is not working correctly.

I have clicked until sites came up in skim from shtml sites so I think clicks should have been recorded.

ICEFIRE
6th April 2009, 11:28 PM
There is a php and shtml include codes for the in.php.

Make sure you are using the correct one.

Most probably this is the reason its not counting.

smutnut
7th April 2009, 03:34 PM
There is a php and shtml include codes for the in.php.

Make sure you are using the correct one.

Most probably this is the reason its not counting.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the correct code for wordpress which is run on php. I'm using include ("in.php"); On my other ones I use the ssi code, but that works as long as my page reading clicks is in root directory.

I just moved the code to the wp-content folder index page and it doesn't interfere with page generation but I don't feel confident this is going to work. It may have something to do with the way wp uses includes which I am trying to find out about.

Couple more questions.

1) how can it read clicks below coming from external if it can't read above from individual trades? Does the clicks have to be coming from the exact page signed up for trade?

2) is there a way to set a certain page/directory to read trades. Say I wanted to read in's in a folder but not my root, but cj is in my root? Is this possible? Would path be something like "include ("../in.php");" or "include ("folder/in.php");". Can't figure root here.

It's possible I have a wp plug in interefering Because it wouldn't generate pages without function errors at top when I tried to place code directly on index template, but I think that's because of everything wp has to call first.

Thanks,

Sorry if this part is confusing. Been trying to read the wordpress stuff I've found here but can't get it to work correctly for me those ways.

I'll keep looking and try out that other hosting domain if can't clear this up just to count things out

ICEFIRE
7th April 2009, 05:15 PM
If you are including the in.php in wp, then make sure you place the in.php include as the first line of your wp index and not the template index. Lots of people make this mistake.

If you moved the wp you want to track to a directory, then feel free to move also the CjOverkill files to that directory. If not, you can use include ("../in.php"); under most php configurations this will work ok.

The script will count incoming hits from the domains your trades are and not only from the exact pages they signed with. It will return the outs to these trades to their exact page, but will count as ins everything that comes from that domain and all its pages.

All the files that have the in.php include will read trades. so you can even have in the same directory two files, one with the in.php include and one without it. The file that has the in.php include will read the trades. The other will not. Of course, you can do it with all the files into a given directory if you want, or just several of them.

smutnut
7th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Okay, I need to ask the same question again and hope I don't drive you too crazy because I think this could be working fine, but I don't get it.

What is the CLICKS column for in CJ ADMIN and why is PROD zero:

I know RAW counts raw hits in, and UNIQ counts unique hits in out of all the raws because I can see this counting fine as I click away, even on a site with nothing set up for out.php.

I pretty sure PROD compares uniques sent to uniques coming in (why is this all zeros? Is it because all my sites know each other and can't really exchange unique hits?).

What is CLICKS for cause this is the one that is messing me up, and no matter how much I click away I can't get a hit.

I apologize. Still new to trading and never really got it kicked off or understood it correctly.

smutnut
7th April 2009, 06:30 PM
One more thing before I forget. Can I set up a CJ for each different domain that uses the same shared hosting account with same ip?

I still need to know what I asked in previous post, but didn't want to forget this and have to bother about this again.

Thanks

ICEFIRE
7th April 2009, 06:54 PM
clicks are the clicks done on the out.php powered links present on your site.

an out.php powered link looks like:
out.php?pct=75&url=http://www.example.com/some/page/here.html

When you click on such a link then it's recorded a click into the admin panel. If a trade sends you a surfer that makes clicks on these links, then they are shown as clicks counted in that trade.

The productivity is the ratio between unique ins and clicks they make.

If you have no out.php powered links, then there will be no clicks counted.

ICEFIRE
7th April 2009, 06:55 PM
One more thing before I forget. Can I set up a CJ for each different domain that uses the same shared hosting account with same ip?

I still need to know what I asked in previous post, but didn't want to forget this and have to bother about this again.

Thanks

Yes, absolutely no problem with that. you can even set it on subdomains if you want.

smutnut
7th April 2009, 08:11 PM
Okay so it sounds to me like I might be okay.

If you have 0 clicks and 0 prod on domains you just set up trade script on EVEN IF TRADING WITH YOURSELF WITH YOUR OWN DOMAINS THAT HAVE CLICKS AND PROD you should be okay, correct? And I am recording RAW and UNIQ?

And just to double check, did you say I can install CJ on subdomains for that specific subdomain and act as if it's a main domain?

OH HEY, THANKS AGAIN. Sorry to be a broken record LOL.

P.S. I can only use 4.1.2 right now cause of zend, so all still stands correct?

ICEFIRE
7th April 2009, 09:09 PM
When you install CjOverkill on a subdomain it will track traffic on that subdomain. In fact, for the script there is no difference between a domain and a subdomain, except the www.domain.com that is also tracked as domain.com and is considered an alias.

If you count 0 clicks o 0 ins then these trades will get probably disabled. You can configure the disable triggers from the Settings panel.

You can safely use version 4.x. It lacks some of the version 5.x features, but it should give you a good idea about how trading works.

smutnut
9th April 2009, 05:48 PM
Would you happen to know which wordpress file to hack for the outs? And which part of the file needs to be altered by any chance so that whenever I had a link it automatically gets skimmed and will take care of anything I already added so it doesn't have to be manually altered.

Thanks

ICEFIRE
10th April 2009, 12:16 AM
No wordpress file must be changed for the outs.

Just instead of linking to some gallery or video link to out.php?url=http://www.example.com/gallery.html