View Full Version : Problem with tracking

18th February 2009, 10:38 PM
I have a question about tracking out hits.

When I use "http://www.site.com/out.php?url=http://www.example.com" or anything else besides "http://www.site.com/out.php" to send users out, the out hits don't seem to get tracked in the cjadmin panel for the specific site I sent the hits out to. It tracks the out hits fine when I just use "http://www.site.com/out.php", but when I try and use it with a specific url it does not. Is there a way to make it so that the out hits would be tracked when sending a user out to a specific url?

19th February 2009, 01:38 AM
I guess you are mistaking the url and the trade parameter.

When you send via out.php?url=http://www.something.com then it will send the hit to something.com and count it as a simple click.

If you are skimming (a percentage of the clicks go to trades and percentage of the clicks go to the url parameter, then it's when you sqeeze the maximum of the url parameter.
out.php?pct=70&url=http://www.something.com/gallery.html for example, will sent 70% of the clicks to http://www.something.com/gallery.html and the other 30% of the clicks will be distributed among your trades and outs will be counted to them.

Using the url parameter you don't need to have the site in the url as a trade, it's pretty much like linking to an youtube video... in fact, you can do it that way if you want.

If you want to send directly to a trade then the correct way to do it is using the trade parameter and adding the trade domain.
Note that in this case you specify trade=trade-domain-here.com without the trade url. This will send all the hits to that trade and will count them always as outs.

Hope this clarifies your question. If not, then make me know and I'll try to explain it better.

19th February 2009, 02:41 AM
I'm basically wondering if there is a way to send out hits within another site's gallery instead of having to send them directly to their homepage. For instance, would I be able to send an out hit to "http://www.example.com/gallery.php", and have the out counted towards example.com? Maybe there is a way to add a certain variable to the url so that it knows which trade it is being sent to when it is being sent to a page within the trade's site?

19th February 2009, 11:42 AM
You are the 3rd person requesting this feature, so I'm adding it to the features list for the next release.

19th February 2009, 03:28 PM
You are the 3rd person requesting this feature, so I'm adding it to the features list for the next release.

Alright, that would be great. Thanks for the help.