View Full Version : Too many IPs getting blocked

12th February 2009, 02:27 AM
I purchased large amounts of traffic for one of my sites and the cjoverkill script is blocking IPs one after the other. I keep deleting the IPs but before you know it, 130+ IPs are blocked. I try to whitelist them, but they change and there is no set range.

Is there an easier way to delete the list of blocked IPs than one by one? It takes forever doing one at a time. We need a "delete all" button. :)

12th February 2009, 10:17 AM
Why do you want to delete the blocked IPs?
If they were blocked there should be some reason for that. Next to each IP the script will tell you why was it blocked.

In version 5.x the blocked IPs are basically ignored by the script and not sent to trades if you configure it that way, but they still see your site. In fact they see it as if it was not trading at all. They are also moved to the "filtered" trade.

Take a look at the example config at the end of the page.

You can always disable the filters from the settings/Site Edit panel, but usually this is not a good idea. If you disable the filters (anticheat protections), then the IP filter list will be ignored and deleted automatically during the next 24 hours.

On a typical 40k/day network you may see near 700 - 800 IPs filtered. Most of them from spiders, site downloaders and other kinds of bots.