View Full Version : having issues with toplist

6th January 2009, 10:44 PM
I installed the script and put the code on my page, and here are my issues.
1. when viewing the page, this is what i see instead of the trades that should be there....
1. ##sitename1## 2. ##sitename2## 3. ##sitename3##

2. When I go to admin and hit regenerate toplist, it pops my 404

Can anyone help me?

7th January 2009, 12:06 AM
i am not sure, but when i click toplist, it gives me ///toplist.html
i know that /// isn't right, but how do i change that?

7th January 2009, 12:53 AM
First of all, make sure you are not using the DEFAULT site for trading. It's not meant to be used as trading site and will not generate toplists at all.

Add Site option and then add your site (http://www.yoursite.com for example)

Then hit the edit site button and make sure that the toplist directory path is correct. you can use a relative path or a full server side path.
Then make sure the toplist directory has permissions 777 and the files into it 666 or 777

The toplist will start generating after two hours of incoming traffic the first time, and then it's regenerated with the first visit every hour.

7th January 2009, 04:45 PM
I checked the permissions and they are set as you said, and I am not using the DEFAULT site. I added my site, then with the button highlighting it, i hit edit, the path to the toplist directory is http://www.******.com/cjok/toplist//toplist.html.

when i click on "toplist" link, the box to regenerate it, shows <!--#include virtual="http://www.*******.com/cjok/toplist//toplist.html" -->
it will not generate and I am pretty sure it is cuz of the // in the code. I don't know how to change this.
I have 28 trades added but still nothing shows other than ##sitename1## etc and i have 2 links hardcoded in and they don't work. They pop a page with the following on it " Error:
Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

the code that is used in the template7.html and template7.templ is <a href="/out.php?link=trade-top&trade=##siteurl1##" target="_top">##sitename1##</a> etc

7th January 2009, 05:28 PM
Seems like you have CjOverkill isntalled into a subdirectory, but you are requesting the out.php from the web root.

Make sure the toplist template you want to use has the correct path to the out.php
<a href="/cjok/out.php?link=trade-top&trade=##siteurl1##" target="_top">##sitename1##</a>
Seems to be the path to the out.php in your case

The toplist generation routine will generate the same file names as the ones you have in yout toplist directory with the templ termination. If you make a toplist template called something.templ the resulting toplist will be something.html.
The admin will show toplist.html as generic file, but it will generate all the template files, so you can use any of the generated html files in the toplist directory depending on the template name of your choice.

7th January 2009, 07:28 PM
ok, i changed the path on the template files.
What would cause when I click the REGENERATE TOPLIST button it pops my 404.