View Full Version : stats resetting

21st December 2008, 03:57 PM
on my site i have placed a toplist

when i click regenerate all toplists al stats from the trades go back to zero after visiting the website and refreshing the stats.

somebody know why?

21st December 2008, 06:12 PM
When you force the toplist regeneration the script resets the last hour of stats. This is completely intended and happens because the toplist generation routines perform an hourly reset at the time of the toplist generation.
Since CjOverkill doesn't use cron jobs for resets nor toplist generation the toplist creation rountine resets the current hour with the first visitor that comes this same hour.

When you hit the toplist reset/regeneration button the current hour stats get reset when the toplist regenerates.

21st December 2008, 09:43 PM
resets the last hour?

it even resets the stats from last 24 hours . everything back to zero! even in the database the stats are back to zero.

22nd December 2008, 12:51 AM
The reset button resets the stats for a site or a given trade.
The regenerate toplist must reset only the current hour stats.

What CjOverkill version are you using?

22nd December 2008, 12:03 PM
i use 5.03

when pushing the regenerate the hourly stats reset.
the hits from that hour stay in the 24 hr stats? or will those hits be deleted from the 24 stats and the hits from previous hours remain?

the hourly stats will not be resetted with the hourly update?

22nd December 2008, 12:41 PM
Don't mistake the resets.

When you hit the reset button (not toplist panel) it resets all the stats for a given trade.

When you hit the regenerate toplist button from the toplist panel it will reset the current hour stats for the entire site, but the last 24 hours will still be there.

22nd December 2008, 04:12 PM
i'm talking about the regenerate button. not the reset button.

i never used the reset button.

when i click regenerate everything goes back to zero

when clicking regenerate the last hour stats will be resetted. but those hits stay in the last 24 hour stats? or will there be deleted also and only the hits from previous hours remain?

22nd December 2008, 05:20 PM
The hits from the last 23 hours stay. The current hour gets zapped to 0

22nd December 2008, 11:35 PM
lets see if i understand it

when i have 40 hits out in last 24 hrs.

and 5 hits out in last hr

after regenerating toplist last 24 hrs will be 35

and last hr will be 0

ans with the hourly update the last hr hits will not be reset

let me know if i understand it now

23rd December 2008, 12:13 AM
That's correct.

You will be left with 35 hits in the last 24 hours and 0 in the last hour.
With the hourly update (next hour) the counters will continue as usual. The effect is the same as if you adjust your server clock in one hour like it happens twice each year.