PDA

View Full Version : error string on login

goldengob
31st May 2012, 05:58 PM
Tried to login to my script today and got this string:

Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 0, whereas the Optimizer expects 2 in /home/mysite/public_html/cjoverkill/cjadmin/index.php on line 0

Any ideas?

Thx!

ICEFIRE
31st May 2012, 08:09 PM
You server has upgraded the php version and the zend optimizer version with it.

I assume you are running some version of CjOverkill 5.x
Download the latest CjOverkill release from http://www.cjoverkill.com
Then just upload the correct CjOverkill files to your server WITHOUT overriding the cj-conf.inc.php

After that just login into your cjadmin and follow the upgrade instructions.

According the the error message, probably your server php version now is php 5.3.

you could also run the ioncube encoded CjOverkill version if you prefer, but it's a bit slower on performance than the zend encoded version. On a not very big networks it's exactly the same, but on networks with more than 250k uniques/day the zend version is much better.

goldengob
31st May 2012, 11:06 PM
I'm confused :)

I have a network of 8 sites on this one version of CJ, will I have to do this to every one?. . . is this easy to do without screwing anything up?

goldengob
31st May 2012, 11:08 PM
Just checked my cpanel and it says that I am running version 5.2.14

ICEFIRE
31st May 2012, 11:25 PM
First check on one site and see what encoding works on your server. probably the cjoverkill_zend52 will do the work.
Otherwise, cjoverkill_ioncube52 using the ioncube loader.

It's like any other version upgrade. In fact, if there is version change between the version you have installed and the one you will upload to your server then you should login into the cjadmin and follow the upgrade instructions (click the Upgrade button)

goldengob
1st June 2012, 12:06 AM
Ok, I've never done a version upgrade before.
So your saying just overite all files except cj-conf.inc.php.
Is this correct?

What about my trades, will I lose the data?

ICEFIRE
1st June 2012, 12:28 AM
What CjOverkill version are you running? I suppose you are running version 5.x because version 4.x is out of date for a couple of years now.

All versions 5.x update method is the same:

1 ) Make a backup of your database just in case.
2 ) Upload the new CjOverkill files to your server without cj-conf.inc.php. You can also skip the toplist directory. Make sure you upload in binary mode. Most FTP clients will try to upload automatically in text mode and will corrupt the files during the upload.
3 ) Login into your cjadmin and the upgrade script will greet you. Then you will be asked to click several buttons and it will be all done.

Version 5.x upgrade process does not lose any data, but it's always a good idea to backup the database first just in case.

goldengob
1st June 2012, 04:24 AM
Wow, that was so easy.

Thanks for your help!