PDA

View Full Version : CjOverkill Version 5.0.3 - password lost

cmedia
15th January 2012, 12:32 AM
Hello, i lost the pass for this cjoverkill installation, 5.0.3 how i can recover or set up a new one without lost the site and trade and statistic?

best regards.

ICEFIRE
15th January 2012, 01:36 AM
http://www.cjoverkill.com/manual/tasks.html#recoverpass

just run this SQL via any MySQL console or phpmyadmin:

UPDATE cjoverkill_network_settings SET login='admin', passwd=PASSWORD('admin')

Then login with user=admin passwd=admin and change the admin login/pass to anything you want.

Also feel free to uprade to version 5.2.2 since it's the latest version and comes with lots of enhancements.

cmedia
15th January 2012, 08:56 PM
Hello, ok i will try this...

I will be glad to upgrade to 5.2.2 but i have to upgrade something live 6-7 version and i dont like too much lost 1 hour with fear of something going wrong beetween upgrades :D

cmedia
15th January 2012, 09:10 PM
Worked fine the query, thank you...

ICEFIRE
15th January 2012, 09:16 PM
Hello, ok i will try this...

I will be glad to upgrade to 5.2.2 but i have to upgrade something live 6-7 version and i dont like too much lost 1 hour with fear of something going wrong beetween upgrades :D

Version 5.x upgrades are quite simple. Just upload the latest version files to the server and login into your cjadmin. Then just click on the upgrade button.

Just make a database backup before upgrading in case something goes wrong. Anyways, that's quite unusual.
In any case, when your server upgrades your php installation to php 5.3 you will have to upgrade to CjOverkill version 5.2.x because of some specifics that come with php 5.3 and tend to give some problems with CjOverkill version prior to 5.2.x

cmedia
16th January 2012, 07:21 PM
Ah, so better to upgrade.. so i don't have to upgrade many time, i have only to upload the 5.2.2 version and overwrite the 5.0.3 and then enter in admin to upgrade the mysql tables?

i mean i can upgrade directly from 5.0.3 to 5.2.2 and not care of version beetwheen?

ICEFIRE
16th January 2012, 07:25 PM
Yes, exactly.

cmedia
18th January 2012, 03:24 AM
Perfect, thank you, i will try to update in the next days...