PDA

View Full Version : non template toplist

thrillkill
8th April 2011, 07:59 AM
my layout has 5 locations with toplists. the way it was used with at trade script was with this kind of direct links <br>
1. <a target="_blank" href="/cgi-bin/at3/out.cgi?id=1&tag=toplist&trade=http://www.xxe.com/?ref=xx.com">Fantastic xx</a><br> not calling a toplist template <-php include... as overkill is usually set up .i try to use cjok templates but it breaks the layout plus i would have to make up 3 or 4 styles.I am not sure i can even do it..So to keep simple ....question? I want to display a link and the name of my top site .that's it.....what is the <a href style code to display the top trade on a index.php page?

ICEFIRE
8th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Of course, you can do that:

1. <a target="_blank" href="/out.php?link=toplist-link&trade=xxe.com">Fantastic xx</a><br>

Take in mind that when you link as out.php?trade=example.com you only need to put the domain of your trade as you see it into the trades panel.
If you add the link=something parameter it will track the number of clicks also in the links panel, so you know how many clicks exactly did people on your toplist.

thrillkill
8th April 2011, 04:27 PM
those instructions are for a specific link that is designated..I showed a generated link from that script ,I did not have the full code of the old toplist script,my error for posting bad example of the old code... so the AT script inserted the example URL of xxe.com because that was trade #1 at that time.. Maybe I did not explain right what I am looking for. I want a dynamic display of the top trade to be displayed on index php.This would appear as the name of the site and be a clickable hyperlink..So if the top trade is htr.com then htr.com shows, if top trade is xxx.com then that link shows .No counters; no in out ;simply display a dynamic link of the top trade updated at whatever interval and setting the toplist regenerates.As you recall I wished to find a way to display this using a <a href= ... hyperlink not using a <php-includes template .If it is not possible in this script to display toplist URLS without using <php- includes then please provide a code of a <php includes that displays only the top [#1] trade as a dynamic hypelink.This alternative likely would require a template.tmpl coresponding to that request so;What is the template code to show the top trade [#1] ;requested by php includes; to display a single link of the top trade? Thanks for help

ICEFIRE
8th April 2011, 06:45 PM
Take a look at the toplist templates into the toplist directory... these are the .templ files. You can edit them with a html or text editor of your choice.

That is what you are looking for. For every .templ file in the toplist directory CjOverkill will generate a .html file every hour when the first unique visitor comes.
Feel free to make your own template file and then include the corresponding html on your site.

The php includes should look like:

<?php include ("toplist/your-toplist-file.html"); ?>

Here are some template examples that will show only the first trade in the list:

Simple link, it assumes that out.php is located in the site root directory:

1. ##link1##

Link that allows you to control the script output:

1. <a href="/out.php?link=trade-top&trade=##sitedomain1##" target="_top">##sitename1##</a>

Simple hardlink:

1. ##hardlink1##

Hardlink that allows you to control the script output:

1. <a href="##siteurl1##" target="_top">##sitename1##</a>

Hope this answers your question.

thrillkill
8th April 2011, 07:28 PM
I just created the template file template12.tmpl ... in this file i am putting one thing ... 1. ##link1## .Next I create the file template12.html in this i put nothing because "For every .templ file in the toplist directory CjOverkill will generate a .html file every hour " .out.php is located in the domain root. Next step is to add <?php include ("toplist/templatefile12.html"); ?> in my index php page where i want the link to appear. That is done.I have noticed that the standard sample templates will show up the way they will look with all the trades just by putting mysite.com/toplist/template11.html in browser ....now if I do that with template12.html I see a blank page .So Since it takes a hour for script to create page there is nothing in template12.html Going to the index page i see error
"Warning: include(toplist/toplist12.html) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in " obviously the <php include is calling a file that does not exist because nothing is in template12.html yet..so now if i wait an hour i will see the url of my top trade which displays ok in all the sample templates right now?

ICEFIRE
11th April 2011, 05:23 PM
You can just make an empty template12.html to avoid the no existent file error, or copy the templ file with html termination... just take in mind that it will show "strange" links until the real toplist is generated on next hour.