PDA

View Full Version : Really strange problem...

cmedia
13th November 2008, 05:32 AM
So, i use in a site this script: http://www.videoscript.co.uk/

this script use this htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^sitemap.xml.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^prox.php.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^admin/.*$ - [L]
RewriteRule !\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js|html|php)$ /home/site/public_html/index.php

php_flag display_errors off

to add cjoverkill i do like this:

First i use this index.php

<?php
include ("in.php");
include ("index_.php");
?>

And i renamed the videoscript index.php in index_.php

All work, but, cjoverkill not count too good the hits in...

then i tried to change also the .htaccess and i set up like this:

RewriteRule !\.(gif|jpg|png|css|js|html|php)$ /home/videdcom/public_html/index_.php

like this the sub videos, will not load the index.php but the index_.php

Now, sub pages load faster, but cjoverkill count too much, i have 1.500 unique by day but cjoverkill say i have 6.000 unique :evil: :cry:

i do wrong something? i create a loop or something like this?

I mean video script will load many times the in.php or the index.php ?

please HELP! :(

ICEFIRE
13th November 2008, 11:44 AM
Since it's rewriting all images (jpg, gifs, etc) and also the css and javascripts, basically you are making CjOverkill go mad.
Also if something loads one of your images directly, like hotlinking them or just embedding your videos on their sites and hotlinking the video thumbs, then they are still passed through the index.php parser that already has the in.php include.

Passing all images and static content (html, javacript and css) requests through php is not very clever idea.

cmedia
13th November 2008, 04:47 PM
Since it's rewriting all images (jpg, gifs, etc) and also the css and javascripts, basically you are making CjOverkill go mad.
Also if something loads one of your images directly, like hotlinking them or just embedding your videos on their sites and hotlinking the video thumbs, then they are still passed through the index.php parser that already has the in.php include.

Passing all images and static content (html, javacript and css) requests through php is not very clever idea.

Nice mess the htaccess of this script... i saw was different of wordpress/other script with "nice url" support... :(

anyway i put in the htaccess index_.php who are the index of original script, clear, not the one with in.php included...

so why still continue to do this mess? :mad:

in fact, when the htaccess call the index.php cjoverkill count less uniqui of real unique and count 60% productivities, when in the htacess i set up the index_.php who are the "clear" file, cjoverkill start to count 3-4 time the real uniqui and count 300% productivities... seems before the count of out.php not was touch, now is crazy also the out count. :confused:

this script use the "ioncube", maybe this can create problem to cjoverkill?

ICEFIRE
13th November 2008, 06:59 PM
ioncube should not give problems.

Definitely it's something script related, but cannot tell you what exactly.
As for counting less uniques, probably CjOverkill is just going berserk on IPs that load the index + several jpg files (that are still parsed via htaccess through the index), so they end filtered and discounted from the trades.
Also some IPs would be counted twice with this setup in the normal trade and then in bookmarks because some browsers don't pass referrer when getting css or js.
Taqke a look at your unknown trade, with one of these setups it may go completely crazy.

cmedia
14th November 2008, 05:46 AM
ioncube should not give problems.

Definitely it's something script related, but cannot tell you what exactly.
As for counting less uniques, probably CjOverkill is just going berserk on IPs that load the index + several jpg files (that are still parsed via htaccess through the index), so they end filtered and discounted from the trades.
Also some IPs would be counted twice with this setup in the normal trade and then in bookmarks because some browsers don't pass referrer when getting css or js.
Taqke a look at your unknown trade, with one of these setups it may go completely crazy.

Yes, i understand what you mean!

Cjoverkill banner more of 500 ip becuase "This IP is loading pages too fast. Possible hitbot "... and i can't "de-ban"... "all togheter"... this is a option cjoverkill really need! :D

I mean select "all" and deban all...

I will try to solve... i write also to videoscript support forum ,but 0 reply till now.

Thank you very much, you was helpful as usual!

ICEFIRE
14th November 2008, 11:12 AM
CjOverkill 5.x has an option to just stop counting traffic for the banned IPs and not filter them.

In the main panel in Network Settings --> Bots management: --> Blacklist: Stop Counting will not filter the blacklisted IPs but will just stop counting their traffic and move it to the filter trade.
Also these IPs will not be skimmed nor sent to trades, so it's safe to have this option enabled.