PDA

View Full Version : Too much force?


attirela
21st December 2010, 08:13 PM
Lets say I have a total of 1500 outs. What is the difference if I put a total force of 2500 compared to a total force of 1500 in that case?

The reason is that I don't want to have to always change the force to reflect the active total outs.

thanks

ICEFIRE
22nd December 2010, 02:42 PM
Forces are not used that way.
You can set a force if you want to make sure that a given trade gets a specific number of hits. For example, 50 hits every hour.

Take in mind that forcing traffic to some trade will starve the others because it gives high priority to that trade until the forced hits have been sent.

Usually you need to have enough traffic to force. Having 1500 uniques and trying to force 2500 is just impossible because you don't have the traffic to do it.
As much you would be able to force 1000, but that would completely kill the site because the trade formula would be completely negated by the forces.
With 1500 uniques and an average productivity of 175 - 250% and a skim around 60% you would be able to force around 100 - 300 hits. Yet if you force 300 you will be pushing it a bit too much.

attirela
22nd December 2010, 10:31 PM
thanks ICEFIRE.

1) What is skim? = return?
2) And when you say force of around 100-300 hits, you mean in total. So basically, you would force a total of 300 hits for 1500 uniques7

ICEFIRE
23rd December 2010, 02:30 PM
Skim is the percentage of hits that you redirect to trades.

It's defined in the out.php powered links on your site.
For example:

out.php?pct=65&url=http://www.example.com/content/image_gallery.html

That would give 60% chance to send any click on this link to http://www.example.com/content/image_gallery.html and 40% chance to send it to some of your trades.

As for the forces, since forcing starves the other trades, you shouldn't force much traffic. Usually CjOverkill works perfectly without forces for almost all the sites. Usually 10% of your traffic could be forced, but that depends alot on the site itself. Some can force more and others less.

paolo
27th September 2011, 12:27 PM
Again about forcing trades...if I force, for example, 10 hits hourly, am I setting a min or max amount of hits?

I mean, after reaching the forced number of hits, does the trade keep working as default or the script does stop sending hits until the beginning of the 2nd hour?

I'd like to trade with other webmasters for small traffic sites by sending few hits hourly reciprocally, but don't it to be e limit for sending more hits if they are available

ICEFIRE
27th September 2011, 04:11 PM
The force is a desired minimum outs sent to a trade.
Assuming you have enough traffic to set forces after sending these hits the trading will continue as usual. Just forced traffic is sent with high priority.

This means that if you have enough traffic and want to keep a couple of small trades alive, you can safely force some to them. The problem comes when you try to force without having traffic, that could potentially kill your other trades by starvind them.

Be conservative with the forces and feel free to make tests with them.

paolo
28th September 2011, 09:57 AM
Great! I'll test it!