PDA

View Full Version : Why so many external

attirela
8th December 2010, 01:19 AM
Our site has been running for a while now, but we still have hundreds in the external section. Like today for example, a lot in the Out of the external (517) and not many in Raw Uniq (51).

ICEFIRE wrote in another post. "The external are surfers coming from sites that are not added as trades to your trades list.".

Can you explain further. I am new with this system. :confused:

thanks

ICEFIRE
8th December 2010, 03:15 AM
If you have outs to the external trade, then this means that you have extra traffic to trade.
Outs to external are sent to your alternative out url (Settings panel).

When you have outs to the external trade it means that your current trades have been paid out their traffic back and there is some extra traffic you could use. Add new trades, lower the skim or just send that traffic to your sponsor, whatever does better for your site.

The ins in the external trade are the surfers that come from sites that you don't have trades with. For example, from google, unless you have google as disabled trade just to track how much traffic does it send to you. Select the external trade and hit the Ref Log button. It will show you from where do these surfers come from.

attirela
8th December 2010, 04:13 PM
Thanks, that explains it! So basically I'm not loosing that "extra" traffic. It is just sent to my alternative out url.

So basically, if I add new trade, I shouldn't see as many external?

ICEFIRE
8th December 2010, 08:05 PM
Yes, you can just add more trades when you have much traffic in external, or overkill/boost some of your current trades so they grow fast and big.