PDA

View Full Version : Toplist doesn't refresh

coolandrew
2nd November 2008, 05:08 PM
Hi, I have created my own toplist.templ file and placed it in /toplist dir.
Then I have included in my page <?php include ("toplist/toplist.html"); ?> but the html file is never updated. I try also to use template1, 2 and so on my the html is never updated, what can be the problem ?
Thanks a lot, Andrew

ICEFIRE
3rd November 2008, 10:30 AM
If you are using version 5.x make sure you don't use the DEFAULT site. It will never generate toplists. Use the Add Site option and add your site first.

Then make sure the toplist directory has permissions 777 and all the files into it are with permissions 666 or 777.

coolandrew
3rd November 2008, 07:19 PM
I have the last version: 5.0.3
I have the DEFAULT site but I'm working on a new added file. Every files have 777 as permission.
I have created my own template I don't understand if the system uses the .templ file to generate the HTML or not.
Thanks a lot,
Andrew

ICEFIRE
4th November 2008, 02:17 AM
The DEFAULT site will not generate toplists.

As for the .templ files. If you put a something.templ on the next hour reset a something.html file will be created.

coolandrew
4th November 2008, 07:07 PM
Ok if I have undestood the system take al the .templ files and create the .html file every hour. Can I also use an empty .templ?
If the system doesn't create .html what could be the problem?
Thanks a lot,
Andrea

PS: in the toplist folder none of the .html files are updated

ICEFIRE
5th November 2008, 11:22 AM
Make sure to use the correct path to the toplist directory besides the permissions.
Just select your site from the site from the admin and hit the site Edit button. There is a setting for the toplist directory path. You can use either relative or absolute path there. Some php configurations may require absolute path usage.

coolandrew
5th November 2008, 12:08 PM
I have found the problem, 100 hits before displaying. Correct that value e now everything work!!
Thanks a lot, Andrew