PDA

View Full Version : Cjovekill 4.1.2 reduce the Serverload?

xiceedx
25th October 2008, 09:17 PM
Dear Icefire, i need Cjoverkill 4.1.2 i cant use the new 5.x version because i dont have the Zend Optimizer.

I have already turn off all filter, log prunning to 1 hour, and removing the ref log in the code (u have tell me how can i do this).

Now i see that their is a "iplog_in" and "iplog_out" table in the Mysql Database who logs every outgoing IP and every incoming IP, is it possible to turn this off too to reduce the serverload? and when how can i remove it? or doesnt it work because the script needs it for count the ins and outs?

Thank you very much!

best regards!
xiceedx

xspoof
25th October 2008, 10:07 PM
All previous versions can be downloaded here: http://www.cjoverkill.com/old/

Turning off "iplog_in" and "iplog_out" would completly destroy the script,
these tables are needed for storing information about where visitors came from and where they are sent to.

xiceedx
25th October 2008, 11:04 PM
thanks for answer it means also that the "iplog_in" and "iplog_out" are linked with the whole stats?

or can i do it so that the script dont runs in realtime and update only all 10 minutes?

anything other what i can disable?

xspoof
25th October 2008, 11:06 PM
There are no other features that could be switched off. How much traffic does your site have?

xiceedx
25th October 2008, 11:14 PM
i have a website with daily 25k - 30k visitors... :)

does the script now produce a high serverload? when i have already turn off all the features...

does the logging of the refferers takes a lot of serverload? because its new that i have disabled it... the filters i have disabled for a long time and the log prunning

and what does the database optimize does? how does it work that this function optimize the database tables?

xspoof
26th October 2008, 08:20 AM
30k visitors + CjOverkill (with all features enabled) shouldn't be a problem.
if you are on shared webspace, just get a vps. :D

ICEFIRE
26th October 2008, 12:06 PM
The IP log gets cleaned via the Log Pruning option. You cannot disable it at 100% because then the script would not count the visits. These two logs tables are working in real time, so they cannot be pooled at some time with cron. That would completely defeat the incoming and outgoing traffic tracking purpose.

The script should not cause server load with your traffic volune. More over when you have disabled almost all the features.

At the moment you have everything disabled, except the traffic count. It's impossible to disable more features.

xiceedx
26th October 2008, 01:12 PM
Hey Icefire thanks for you reply, and Spoof thanks for your reply too :)

i have a last question, is it possible to prunning the database every 10 20 or 30 minutes, and not every hour?

best regards

ICEFIRE
26th October 2008, 01:53 PM
You can do that by hand, but an hour is the minimum that the script needs to make the raws/uniques count properly. Otherwise it would count everything as unique.

xiceedx
26th October 2008, 02:23 PM
thanks icefire, and i would not work to edit it in the script sourcecode directly that the script automaticaly prun the tables every 30 minutes or so, so that i dont must do it by hands?

best regards!

ICEFIRE
26th October 2008, 05:19 PM
It would be a bit difficult to do unless you change the reset time since log prunings are done every hourly reset.

I don't recommend you to do that because ten the script will also delete the ins for that hour rendering it completely useless.

If you only need a counter and don't want to use server side resources I recommend you to consider google analitics since they run completely on google side and don't use a single bit of server resources on your side.

xiceedx
26th October 2008, 09:08 PM
thanks icefire ;)

which 4.x version do u preffer? is there anything which has lower features, and than lower serverload? is 4.1.2 the best of them?

important please: icefire i have seen that the tables "cjoverkill_country_log_in" and "cjoverkill_country_log_out" does log the following:

trade_id c2code uniqs raws
12 4495 5592

the c2code is also empty, because i have turned off country filter right? is it possible to change the sourcecode that he dont logs the other values too? or is it linked too with the statistics?