PDA

View Full Version : How to move trade from a site to another on the same db?

paolo
6th July 2010, 12:33 PM
I'm going to disable a domain and redirect it to a new domain on the same server, I tried to change domain name but I got warned that new domain must match to old one, then I created a new domain but didn't find a way to move all trades to new domain

there is some option?

ICEFIRE
6th July 2010, 12:43 PM
Unfortunately there is notan option to move the tradesfrom one domain to another.

It's a very good idea and I am moving this thread to the feature requests forum and it will be implemented into the next version.

paolo
6th July 2010, 12:51 PM
OK, is there some way to do it by editing db tables? several webmasters use to link with numeric code and don't want to stop trading with them

ICEFIRE
7th July 2010, 03:16 PM
Yes, you can edit the cjoverkill_sites table.

You will need to change the site_url and site_domain fields to whatever you want. then you will need to edit the site Settinfs (Edit site) from your cjadmin.

Remember to make a backup of the database before performing this operation, just in case something breaks.

paolo
7th July 2010, 03:36 PM
What I did in changing sited_id, the old site_id to new one and another site_id for old site

ICEFIRE
8th July 2010, 03:10 PM
That also will work, but since the site_id field is used in lots of tables it usually gives some problems with large networks if you mess the site_id number.