PDA

View Full Version : Mysql load

impstimp
10th August 2009, 04:18 PM
Hi,

We've got the script up and running, but seem to be experiencing 90-100% cpu usage on mysql process...

CJ is the only script using mysql, (everything else is running from a seperate db server).

We have around 60k RAW an hour and have turned off all anti-cheat / filters...

The server has 8GB, Quad Xeon and running purely php script, static content served elsewhere, Centos 5.3. Server load is usually around 2, with CJ running its at 4-5....

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this and what we can do?

Thanks. :)

ICEFIRE
10th August 2009, 06:59 PM
Hit me up on ICQ 171216535 and I will help you to optimize it.

You can set log pruning to get better results. Set log pruning to 2 hours or one hour from the Network settings panel. This should reduce the load significantly in most cases, but depending on your MySQL config there are more things that could be optimized.

ICEFIRE
10th August 2009, 08:44 PM
Seems I got the icq friend add request but you either don't show on my icq properly or you are already added... Have to make a big clean on my ICQ some day.

Just write me a message on ICQ and I will reply asap

Jumsoord
23rd November 2009, 07:27 PM
Ok, reinstalling Mysql seems to solve the problem.

ICEFIRE
23rd November 2009, 07:40 PM
Ok, reinstalling Mysql seems to solve the problem.

You shouldn't reinstall the MySQL software unless it's a major upgrade. Some early MySQl 5.0 and 4.0 versions have a bug with some queries when trying to update a row twice at the same time.

It's a MySQL bug, but with any server that has a recent MySQL version this should not show.

Of course, if you still have problems with mysql load, just feel free to hit me via ICQ and I will do my best to assist you