PDA

View Full Version : Something wrong -> update 5.0.2 to 5.0.4

switchview
23rd April 2009, 09:32 PM
Dear Icefire,

I updated CJ from 5.0.2 to 5.0.4 but there is something strange.

I've got like 5 sites in my list.

Since i updated version 5.0.2 to 5.0.4 there are huge problems.

Site 1) I lost alot of visitors, like 300 per day. Also i just checked my stats, i had send 4 hits in the middle of the hour and a couple of minutes later the stats says that i have send 0 visitors to my partner. Also my return has grown from 75% to 300%. And my partner sends nothing or a few hits.
Normally the scripts reset itself every hour. It looks like my script doesn't..
Edit: I just checked my stats, i send 10 out and a few minutes i refresh the admin and it says 0 out. I asked a few trade partners if they receive anything but they say it is terrible.

Site 2) isn't counting anything. 0 hits from partners. Every hit goes to DEFAULT.

What can be the problem ?
If you want i can give you the username/pass of the admin.

Kind Regards

Kevin

Note: the in.php is included correctly, also i uploaded the files in Binary mode.

ICEFIRE
23rd April 2009, 09:45 PM
First of all, make sure that your sites are using the correct trade formula (Site Edit option).
If everything is ok with the settings, then just hit the repair database option.
If it still fails, reset the site and repair database again.

Also make sure that your log pruning option is not set to hourly in the network settings because that may cause lots of extra resets if you have a small network... it becomes completely counter productive on small networks instead of being productive.

Also take in mind that CjOverkill uses asyncronous hourly reset that makes each site to perform it's own hourly reset with the first visit of that hour. On small sites this may appear a bit confising and missleading, but it's still correct because if there are no visits this hour, the stats from 24 hours ago are carried until the first visitor comes.

For example, a site that has 10 visits per hour means that it takes about one visit every 6 minutes. On average that site will be reset near the 5th minute after the hour has past.
On the other hand, a site with 3600 visits per hout is taking about one visit per second, and will perform the hourly reset the first second of the hour as soon as the first surfer hits the site after the hour has past.

switchview
23rd April 2009, 10:07 PM
Hi Icefire,

Thnx for the fast response!

First of all, make sure that your sites are using the correct trade formula (Site Edit option).
If everything is ok with the settings, then just hit the repair database option.
If it still fails, reset the site and repair database again.

Checked.They are correct, i didn't changed anything.
Tried to repair the database, no go. Reset and then repair, also no go.

Site 3) isn't counting anything. My stats says 0 in 0 out. Even 0 hits on filter and default. I visited site 3 and clicked some galleries. They work fine, sometimes i get the website from the sponser and sometimes a trade partner.

Also make sure that your log pruning option is not set to hourly in the network settings because that may cause lots of extra resets if you have a small network... it becomes completely counter productive on small networks instead of being productive.

Log pruning is disabled.

I'm using you're script for like 5 years now and never had this issue.

ICEFIRE
24th April 2009, 12:11 AM
Are you sure that the admin you are looking at is connecting to the same database as the in.php and out.php files ?

Just asking because this makes non sense at all. if you click on a site it should count and if it doesnt count it is because a damaged database and the script should repair it automatically.

switchview
24th April 2009, 07:19 AM
Are you sure that the admin you are looking at is connecting to the same database as the in.php and out.php files ?

Just asking because this makes non sense at all. if you click on a site it should count and if it doesnt count it is because a damaged database and the script should repair it automatically.

send you a pm