PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress virtual toplist install?

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 12:41 PM
Not sure if this is a redundant question or if I'm just doing something wrong. When I try and place the virtual toplist on my wordpress blog, nothing shows. Works fine on regular html or php pages, just not in wordpress.

Is there a different code I should use or am I maybe placing it on wrong template. So far tried hacking sidebar and using widgets but nothing.

ICEFIRE
22nd April 2009, 01:53 PM
Most people just iframe the toplist on wordpress and joomla installations because otherwise you need to edit the wp template you use and it becomes a bit non portable after that.

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 03:36 PM
do you do that just by using the iframe tags? Or is it more complicated? Most of my iframe stuff is already pre set for me

Thanks again.

ICEFIRE
22nd April 2009, 03:39 PM
yes, iframe src=your-toplist-here

and make sure thet the toplist template you use has the correct links. The simple templates may not work, but the complex ones will do because they alow you to specify where is the out.php placed exactly.

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 04:46 PM
got it, but now I can't get out of the frame. site i click appears within frame

i'm using src=toplist/template with html extension (without the <!--#include virtual=" part and of course without the close) and enclosing with iframe close tag.

it's sizing with scroll bars also incase that matters.

I'm going to have to read up on iframes

ICEFIRE
22nd April 2009, 04:50 PM
Make sure that your template has target="_top" or target="_blank" in the href part.

And of course, read a bit about iframes to make them with no scrollbars :)

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 05:36 PM
Perfect. Thanks

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 06:07 PM
Actually, (and I should have started a new thread over this maybe) Everything I do now is redirecting me to my default url out in my admin settings.

I had to remove my include in php code just to get to the main domain and links associated with out are sending my over to default url admin. This seems to have happened right after I added _blank to template and regenerated all top lists.

What did I just screw up? Any ideas? I recall something like this a long time back.

ICEFIRE
22nd April 2009, 06:54 PM
You just filtered yourself.

Disable the filter anticheat protections while testing or whitelist your IP. If you whitelist your IP then the script will ignore the skim for your IP, so don't freak if it doesn't redirect you to trades when you clicks a skimmed gallery link.

smutnut
22nd April 2009, 08:15 PM
Okay, cool LOL.

I actually fixed it with a reinstall because this was a new script anyway and I wasn't overly concerned, but that's cool to know because I've seen this before and will probably do it again elsewhere.

Thanks

river
1st September 2009, 06:06 PM
hi there ...

more or less the same questions here ;)

i would like to integrate CjOverkill into www.over-sexed.info.
ive installed the script at traffic.over-sexed.info.

so i magaged after reading a few posts here at the forum to insert the in.php
and would like to replace now my old toplist (from xclicks) with a new one from CjOk.

the site is a wordpress based blog. but i really do not understand what to do now. i understand, that one option (or is it the only solution?) is to embed the php file into an iframe.

i would like to show the toplist in my sidebar. so it would be great beeing able to paste the code into a text widget box of wordpress.

this is the code provided by the script when clicking toplist:

<?php include ("toplist///toplist.html"); ?>

first i dont know if this is configured correctly ... and second ... i never tried to embed something as an iframe (well .... banner ads ... but these codes were premade of course). so i dont know how to create such a piece of code ....

regards

river

ICEFIRE
1st September 2009, 07:25 PM
If you can use php includes, then you can safely use the php include. Of course you will have to use one that points to a real toplist file.

for example toplist/template1.html

Otherwise you can just use this iframe:

<iframe src="/toplist/template5.html" height="260" width="250" frameborder="0"></iframe>

that will use iframe with 250 x 260 size. and put the toplist/template5.html file into it. Of course, feel free to change these parameters.

The include option requires you to edit the wp template and put the php include for that toplist into it.